Company Hierarchy Overview
The following terms represents the hierarchy and relationships between a company, its sites, product catalogs, and categories.
- Company—A company is the highest level of an organization. A company can have one or more sites.
- Site—An internet address or website. A company can have one or more sites. A site can have one or more catalogs.
- Catalog—A collection of products that are organized into categories for a store. Each site implements a catalog of products. A company can have multiple catalogs. A site typically has one catalog. A catalog typically has multiple categories.
- Price List—A site can control the pricing of products in a catalog with a price list. Pricing for a product is available in the resource fields of the Products API.
- Category—A category is a class of products in a store. Categories can be nested; that is, contain a hierarchy of categories. The Digital River Shopper APIs provide access to categories with the Categories API.
- Products—A site implements a catalog of products. Products can be added to one or more categories. A category typically has multiple products. The Digital River Shopper APIs provide access to products with the Products API.